Sophie Cunningham addresses perception that she is the 'sex symbol' of the WNBA

The usual suspects say that Sophie Cunningham, a role player, is more popular than some of the WNBA’s best players because of "white privilege." But that is not true.

Since Caitlin Clark’s rookie season, several WNBA players have used the increased spotlight to exhibit bratty behavior, entitlement, and racial hysteria. By contrast, Cunningham has embraced the moment. She’s entertaining, humorous, resilient, and gorgeous.

Colin Cowherd interviewed Cunningham this week on his Volume podcast network, of which she is a part, and noticed a difference between her and the many other athletes he has interviewed.

MINA KIMES THINKS PERCEPTION OF DIANNA RUSSINI-MIKE VRABEL SCANDAL IS UNFAIR TO WOMEN

"Just did a pod w @sophaller Never had a pod with an athlete that was this honest and authentic. Totally refreshing. I’ll release it tonight," Cowherd posted on X.

Cunningham is real. She’s likable.

She also doesn’t cave to the pressure from the vultures of American culture who have determined that attractive white women should be ashamed of their looks. She’s like Sydney Sweeney in that way.

"You are kind of viewed as the leagues…ummm," Cowherd hesitated.

"Just say it," Cunningham interrupted.

"Sex symbol," he responded.

"That is way better, I thought you were gonna go somewhere completely different," she joked.

THE CRAIG CARTON SHOW–UNFILTERED, UNAPOLOGETIC AND UNMISSABLE. DOWNLOAD HIS DAILY PODCAST NOW!

Contrast Cunningham’s response with Angel Reese’s. Last month, Reese called herself "beautiful" multiple times and bragged that she looks good in a bikini. She then accused internet users of "sexualizing" her in the comments beneath those photos.

Many WNBA players want to be seen as sex symbols but then complain about the perception of such. Cunningham, meanwhile, has no issue with the narrative.

Nor should she.

"For me, the reason why I really lean into that is, first of all, I've always been super girly. Since a little girl, I've always loved to dress up. I love dresses. I love high heels. I love all of that," Cunningham explained.

"For some reason, our society, if you play basketball, you can't dress that way, or you can't be girly. No one's ever said it, but it's like, they kind of feel that you can't be both. Screw all that. Yes, you can. You can be girly, and you can go out and kick someone's ass."

She’s right.

WNBA SILENCE ON DIJONAI CARRINGTON'S 'WHITE PRIVILEGE' POST EXPOSES SANDY BRONDELLO DOUBLE STANDARD

The DiJonai Carringtons and Jemele Hill types want to reduce Cunningham’s popularity down to her skin color. Of course they do. It’s their only card.

In reality, Cunningham is the type of woman Americans would embrace regardless of her skin color. She’s a smoking-hot badass who protects her teammates and trolls the media elite.

The WNBA would be much better off if its other players learned from Cunningham, instead of trying to clothesline her.



from Latest & Breaking News on Fox News https://ift.tt/rC4w8N0

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form